§ 1191.28. Identification cards.
(a) The Department will issue an identification card to a patient or caregiver as soon as reasonably practicable after approving an identification card application.
(b) An identification card will contain all of the following information:
(1) The full name of the medical marijuana cardholder.
(2) The address of the medical marijuana cardholder.
(3) A designation of the medical marijuana cardholder as a patient or a caregiver.
(4) The date of issuance and the date of expiration of the identification card.
(5) A unique identification number for the medical marijuana cardholder.
(6) A photograph of the medical marijuana cardholder unless the patient or caregiver provides the Department with a statement in accordance with subsection (c).
(7) Any requirement or limitation on the patient certification concerning the recommended form of medical marijuana products or limitation on the duration of use, if applicable.
(8) Any other information deemed necessary by the Department.
(c) Notwithstanding subsection (b)(6), the Department may not require a photograph on an identification card if a statement is provided to the Department in an identification card application that a photograph cannot be provided due to religious beliefs.
(d) An identification card issued to a patient will expire on the earlier to occur of the following:
(1) The date occurring 1 year from the date of issuance.
(2) The date, if any, contained in the patient certification issued to the patient beyond which the practitioner does not believe the use of medical marijuana by the patient would be therapeutic or palliative.
(3) The date the patient dies.
(e) An identification card issued to a caregiver will expire on the earlier to occur of the following:
(1) The date that occurs 1 year from the date of issuance.
(2) Any of the events listed under subsection (d)(2) or (3).
(3) The date the caregiver dies.
(f) A medical marijuana cardholder shall apply to the Department for a replacement identification card within 10 business days of discovering the loss or defacement of the identification card.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.