RECREATION AREA PROGRAM
§ 17.31. Minimum program activities.
The following shall be considered minimum activities in the recreation area program:
(1) Issuance of permits. Local health departments shall be responsible for issuing all applicable permits which apply to the recreation area; except that public bathing place permits and certificates of registration for organized camps will be issued by DER.
(2) Inspections. All existing recreation area facilities shall be inspected prior to the issuing or renewing of any applicable license, certificate or permit. Regular inspections of the establishments shall be made throughout the year as often as is necessary to maintain satisfactory compliance with established rules, regulations and standards.
(3) Plan review. Plans and specifications for new and remodeled recreation areas shall be reviewed prior to construction of such facilities to ensure compliance with the appropriate regulations and standards for the design, construction and installation of facilities and equipment.
(4) Rules and regulations. Chapter 19, 7 Pa. Code Chapter 79 (Reserved) and 25 Pa. Code Chapters 241 and 243 shall be the basis for minimum requirements in the recreation area program. Local health departments may adopt and enforce those chapters in accordance with applicable laws or may adopt county ordinances or regulations which are as stringent and are consistent in intent and purpose with those chapters.
(5) Educational programs. Educational activities which may include training programs should be provided for campground operators, employes, and the public to increase the knowledge and awareness of operating principles and practices and thereby improve the operational level of the establishment.
(6) Meetings. Local health departments are required to attend periodic meetings with DER for the purpose of program planning, development, re- porting, evaluation and coordination to provide an orderly, efficient delivery of this environmental health program on a Statewide basis.
This section cited in 28 Pa. Code § 17.3 (relating to meetings).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.