§ 17.61. Minimum program activities.
The following shall be considered minimum activities in the campground program:
(1) Issuance of permits. It shall be the responsibility of local health departments to issue campground permits to all campground facilities within their jurisdictional boundaries based on compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and standards. This permit shall be issued for a period of 1 year.
(2) Inspections. All existing campground facilities shall be inspected prior to issuing or renewing the permit. Regular inspections of campgrounds shall be made throughout the year as often as is necessary to maintain satisfactory compliance with established rules, regulations and standards.
(3) Plan review. Plans and specifications for new and remodeled campgrounds shall be reviewed prior to construction of such facilities to ensure compliance with the appropriate regulations and standards for the design, construction and installation of facilities and equipment.
(4) Rules and regulations. The provisions of Chapter 19 (relating to organized camps and campgrounds) and 7 Pa. Code Chapter 79 (Reserved) shall be the basis for minimum requirements in the campground program. Local health departments may adopt and enforce that chapter in accordance with applicable laws or may adopt county ordinances or regulations which are as stringent and are consistent in intent and purpose with that chapter.
(5) Educational program. Educational activities, which may include training programs, should be provided for campground operators, employes, and the public to increase the knowledge and awareness of operating principles and practices and thereby improve the operational level of the establishment.
(6) Meetings. Local health departments are required to attend periodic meetings with DER for the purpose of program planning, development, reporting, evaluation, and coordination to provide an orderly, efficient delivery of this environmental health program on a Statewide basis.
This section cited in 28 Pa. Code § 17.3 (relating to meetings).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.