§ 711.41. Project management.
(a) The intake project shall have a written procedure for the performance of the following functions:
(1) Orientation of the client to the drug or alcohol service delivery system, or both.
(2) Thorough exploration of service needs and discussion with the client concerning service options to which he may be referred.
(3) Development of a confidential personal history, including significant medical, social, drug or alcohol, occupational and family information.
(4) Prompt arrangement for delivery of the requested services.
(b) The intake project or treatment project shall have a written procedure for the performance of the following functions:
(1) Arrangement for the provision of needed medical, functional, psychological, psychiatric, social or vocational diagnostic assessments.
(2) Preparation of a preliminary treatment plan utilizing appropriate available service resources and listing the services to be provided. The plan shall be developed in cooperation with and agreed to by the intake project or treatment service provider and the client. The plan shall also include a referral to services not specifically for drug and alcohol clients; for example, legal services and dental services for which the client may be eligible.
(c) The intake project shall develop a written plan providing for outreach services which shall include, but not be limited to:
(1) Identifying persons in need of project services.
(2) Alerting persons and their families to the availability of project services.
(3) Encouraging persons to utilize the service delivery system.
(d) The intake project shall operate at least 5 days of the week and for a minimum of 40 hours per week. Additional hours should be appropriate to the population served by the intake project.
(e) The hours of operation shall be displayed conspicuously to the general public.
(f) A telephone number shall be displayed conspicuously to the general public.
(g) Procedures to be followed in psychiatric and medical emergencies shall be clearly specified in writing and made readily available to the staff.
(h) The intake process shall proceed expeditiously to avoid discouragement and should not exceed a period of 48 hours.
(i) The project shall obtain letters of agreement or understanding with primary referral sources.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.