§ 82.26. Other policy provisions.
(a) The following provisions may in substance be included in a variable life insurance policy or related form delivered or issued for delivery in this Commonwealth:
(1) An exclusion for suicide within 2 years of the issue date of the policy. To the extent of the increased death benefits only, the policy may provide an exclusion for suicide within 2 years of an increase in death benefits which results from an application of the owner subsequent to the policy issue date.
(2) Incidental insurance benefits offered on a fixed or variable basis.
(3) A provision allowing the policyholder to elect, in writing, in the application for the policy or thereafter, an automatic premium loan on a basis not less favorable than that required of policy loans under § 82.25 (relating to policy loan provisions); except that a restriction that no more than two consecutive premiums can be paid under this provision may be imposed.
(4) A provision allowing the policyholder to make partial withdrawals. The partial withdrawal provision shall be constructed so that a variable life insurance policyholder who has not exercised the provision is not disadvantaged by the exercise thereof.
(5) Other policy provisions approved by the Commissioner.
(b) Policies may be issued on a participating basis. The policies shall offer to pay dividend amounts in cash, and the policies may offer the following dividend options:
(1) The amount of the dividend may be credited against premium payments.
(2) The amount of the dividend may be applied to provide amounts of additional fixed or variable benefit whole life insurance.
(3) The amount of the dividend may be deposited in the general account at a specified minimum rate of interest.
(4) The amount of the dividend may be applied to provide paid-up amounts of fixed benefit 1-year term insurance.
(5) The amount of the dividend may be deposited as a deposit in a separate account.
The provisions of this § 82.26 adopted August 4, 1978, effective September 5, 1978, 8 Pa.B. 2171; amended April 28, 1989, effective April 29, 1989, 19 Pa.B. 1835; corrected June 30, 1989, effective retroactive to April 29, 1989, 19 Pa.B. 2754. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (137045) to (137046).
This section cited in 31 Pa. Code § 82.21 (relating to insurance policy qualification).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.