CHAPTER 90. HOSPITAL EXPENSE BENEFITS
90.1. Definition of territories.
§ 90.1. Definition of territories.
(a) For purposes of the determination by the Commissioner of the maximum dollar amounts for hospital room and board daily expense benefits under section 621.2(d)(10) of The Insurance Company Law of 1921 (40 P. S. § 756.2(d)(10)), the Commonwealth is divided into five territories as follows:
(1) Philadelphia Area, including counties of Bucks, Montgomery, Chester, Delaware and Philadelphia.
(2) Allentown Area, including counties of Lehigh and Northampton.
(3) Harrisburg South Central Area, including counties of Centre, Union, Northumberland, Montour, Columbia, Schuylkill, Snyder, Mifflin, Juniata, Perry, Dauphin, Lebanon, Lancaster, York, Adams, Franklin, Fulton, Cumberland and Berks.
(4) Pittsburgh Area, including counties of Erie, Warren, McKean, Potter, Crawford, Mercer, Venango, Forest, Elk, Cameron, Lawrence, Butler, Clarion, Armstrong, Jefferson, Indiana, Clearfield, Cambria, Beaver, Allegheny, Westmoreland, Blair, Huntingdon, Washington, Green, Fayette, Somerset and Bedford.
(5) Wilkes-Barre Area, including counties of Tioga, Bradford, Susquehanna, Wayne, Clinton, Lycoming, Sullivan, Wyoming, Lackawanna, Pike, Luzerne, Carbon and Monroe.
(b) The maximum dollar amounts for hospital room and board daily expense benefits will be determined by the Commissioner by using the average hospital semiprivate room and board daily charge for each territory set forth in subsection (a), as reported to the Commissioner by Blue Cross.
(c) The maximum dollar amounts for hospital room and board daily expense benefits for these territories will be submitted to the Legislative Reference Bureau for recommended publication as a notice in the Pennsylvania Bulletin at intervals required by statute and for recommended codification, in the Pennsylvania Code, as subsection (d).
The provisions of this § 90.1 issued under The Insurance Department Act of 1921 (40 P. S. § § 1321); amended under: sections 206, 506, 1501 and 1502 of The Administrative Code of 1929 (71 P. S. § § 66, 186, 411 and 412); The Insurance Department Act of 1921 (40 P. S. § § 1321); and The Insurance Company Law of 1921 (40 P. S. § § 341991).
The provisions of this § 90.1 amended August 14, 1981, effective November 13, 1981, 11 Pa.B. 2848; amended January 23, 1987, effective April 24, 1987, 17 Pa.B. 385. Immediately preceding text appears at serial page (79704).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.