§ 49.9. Field inspection.
(a) The owner or other responsible person shall notify the local office of the Bureau of Occupational and Industrial Safety listed on the plan approval letter when construction of the project has begun.
(b) Prefinal inspections may be conducted based upon the size and complexity of a project.
(1) If a nonconforming condition is observed at a prefinal inspection, the district office supervisor will notify the owner of the building of these observations in writing.
(2) It shall be the owners responsibility to correct the conditions or obtain a revised approval for the conditions.
(c) The owner or other responsible person shall arrange for a final inspection by contacting the local office of the Bureau of Occupational and Industrial Safety listed on the plan approval letter.
(d) A Bureau of Occupational and Industrial Safety inspector will make a final inspection of the building and will permit occupancy when all conditions required in this chapter and Chapters 5059 are complete.
(e) The Department will issue an occupancy permit within 30 days of the final inspection. It shall be the owners responsibility to maintain and operate the building in accordance with the act, this chapter and Chapters 5059.
(f) After the issuance of an occupancy permit by the Department, the Department will not require changes in a building unless:
(1) The Occupancy Permit was issued through connivance or fraud.
(2) The occupancy or use of the building has changed.
(3) The building is not maintained and operated in accordance with the act or this chapter and Chapters 5059.
The provisions of this § 49.9 adopted May 18, 1984, effective May 19, 1984, 14 Pa.B. 1765.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.