§ 203.13. Certification as a municipal police officer.
(1) The Commission will supply written verification to the applicants employing police department upon the applicants completion of the Commissions requirements for certification as a police officer.
(2) Verification shall be valid only in the department identified on thedocument provided by the applicant. Upon termination of employment in a department, certification for that department shall be void and shall be returned to the Commission by the department.
(3) If the certification document has been lost or destroyed, a notarized statement shall be provided to the Commission concerning the certification.
(b) Initial certification.
(1) Initial certification is valid for 2 years from the date of issuance. The document provided by the Commission shall contain the dates of issuance and expiration in addition to a certification number for identification purposes.
(2) Upon receipt of certification a police officer is authorized to enforce 18 Pa.C.S. (relating to the Crimes Code) and moving violations of 75 Pa.C.S. (relating to the Vehicle Code), and to carry a firearm.
(c) Renewal of certification.
(1) The Commission will issue a renewal certificate only to police officers who have satisfied the mandatory in-service training requirements set forth under § 203.52 (relating to mandatory in-service training courses). Mandatory in-service training schools shall provide written notice to the Commission of all police officers who have successfully completed the mandatory in-service training course.
(2) Certification shall be renewed every 2 years.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.