§ 21.13. Initial application procedure.
A person who desires to apply to the Commissioner for certification under the act shall complete the following initial application procedure:
(1) Complete an application for agent certification which is available at any State Police station, except a Turnpike or Interstate station. Statements on the application must be reviewed for accuracy and truthfulness. A material falsification must constitute the basis for denying/revoking an approval/certification, and may result in criminal prosecution.
(2) Submit the following items with the completed application:
(i) Two recent unmounted color photographs, which are approximately 1-1/4 inch by 1-1/4 inch in size; full faced and measure 1 inch from the top of the head to the point of the chin, without hat.
(ii) A certified check, cashiers check or money order in the amount of $45, made payable to the Pennsylvania State Police. Personal checks will not be accepted. This fee is not refundable.
(3) Upon presentation of a satisfactorily completed application form, together with the items listed in paragraphs (1) and (2), at a State Police station, except a Turnpike or Interstate station, undergo fingerprinting by the receiving State Police Officer. The applicant must provide identification as required by the receiving State Police Officer.
(4) Undergo a physical examination which is sufficient to permit a licensed physician to complete the physical examination form which is furnished with the application for agent certification.
(5) Undergo the psychological examination and interview which is sufficient to permit a licensed psychologist to complete the psychological examination form which is furnished with the application for agent certification.
(6) Ensure that the appropriate part of the application for agent certification is completed in accordance with § 21.14 (relating to waiver of training), if an applicant desires to request a waiver of the training requirements.
(7) Ensure that the police officer exemption application is completed in accordance with § 21.15 (relating to exemption for active full-time police officers), if the applicant is a full-time police officer and requests an exemption of the application fee, physical testing requirement or psychological testing requirement.
(8) Ensure that the police officer exemption application is completed in accordance with § 21.16 (relating to exemption for retired police officers), if the applicant is a retired police officer and requests an exemption of the application fee, training and qualification standards, physical qualification and psychological qualification.
This section cited in 37 Pa. Code § 21.19 (relating to training enrollment); 37 Pa. Code § 21.22 (relating to lost or damaged certification cards); and 37 Pa. Code § 21.24 (relating to renewal procedure).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.