§ 16.54. Powers and duties of medical consultants.
A medical consultant shall perform the following:
(1) Review medical aspects of a complaint referred to him by the Board prosecutor and prepare a written report of recommendations based on the review and inquiries deemed necessary to determine whether further action is required.
(2) Review a complaint in order to aid the Board prosecutor in recognizing medical issues and determining what information should be obtained and what additional investigation is required.
(3) Attend a prehearing conference which may be scheduled regarding complaints assigned to him.
(4) Administer physical and mental examinations to physicians for evaluation of impairment.
(5) Testify as an expert witness if required by the Board prosecutor.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.