§ 18.2. Licensure requirements.
The Board will grant a nurse-midwife license to an applicant who meets the following requirements. The applicant shall:
(1) Be licensed as a registered nurse in this Commonwealth.
(2) Satisfy the licensure requirements in § 16.12 (relating to general qualifications for licenses and certificates), including the completion of at least 3 hours of approved training in child abuse recognition and reporting in accordance with § 16.108(a) (relating to child abuse recognition and reportingmandatory training requirement).
(3) Have successfully completed a midwife program.
(4) Have obtained one of the following:
(i) A passing grade on a midwife examination. The Board accepts the passing grade on the certifying examination of the ACNM or AMCB as determined by the ACNM or AMCB or successor organization as recognized by the Board.
(ii) Certification as a midwife by the American College of Nurse-Midwives (ACNM) before the ACNM certification examination was first administered in 1971. To be eligible for renewal of a nurse-midwife license, the nurse-midwife shall maintain National certification available to the profession and recognized by the Board.
(5) Submit an application for a nurse-midwife license accompanied by the required fee. For the fee amount, see § 16.13 (relating to licensure, certification, examination and registration fees).
The provisions of this § 18.2 amended under section 2 of the act of April 4, 1929 (P. L. 160, No. 155) (63 P.S. § 172); sections 8, 12 and 35(a) of the Medical Practice Act of 1985 (63 P.S. § § 422.8, 422.12 and 422.35(a)); and 23 Pa.C.S. § 6383(b)(2).
The provisions of this § 18.2 adopted January 2, 1987, effective immediately and applies retroactively to December 31, 1986, 17 Pa.B. 24; amended May 19, 1989, effective May 20, 1989, 19 Pa.B. 2161; amended April 3, 2009, effective April 4, 2009, 39 Pa.B. 1625; amended March 25, 2022, effective March 26, 2022, 52 Pa.B. 1899. Immediately preceding text appears at serial page (342659).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.