§ 18.603. Application for perfusionist license.
(a) An applicant for a license to practice as a perfusionist shall submit, or cause to be submitted, on forms made available by the Board, a completed application, including the necessary supporting documents, for a license to practice as a perfusionist and pay the fee in § 16.13(l) (relating to licensure, certification, examination and registration fees) for application for a perfusionist license.
(b) The Board may issue a license to practice as a perfusionist to an applicant who:
(1) Demonstrates that the applicant holds a current certification by a certifying agency approved by a Nationally-recognized accrediting agency approved by the Board.
(2) Demonstrates that the applicant has graduated from an accredited perfusion program approved by the Board.
(3) Demonstrates that the applicant is at least 18 years of age and of good moral character.
(4) Demonstrates that the applicant has obtained professional liability insurance as required under section 13.3(k) of the act (63 P.S. § 422.13c(k)).
(4.1) Demonstrates that the applicant has completed at least 3 hours of approved training in child abuse recognition and reporting in accordance with § 16.108(a) (relating to child abuse recognition and reportingmandatory training requirement).
(5) Otherwise complies with this subchapter.
(c) The Board may deny an application for licensure as a perfusionist upon the grounds for disciplinary action in § 18.609 (relating to disciplinary action for licensed perfusionists).
The provisions of this § 18.603 amended under section 8 of the Medical Practice Act of 1985 (63 P.S. § 422.8); and 23 Pa.C.S. § 6383(b)(2).
The provisions of this § 18.603 amended March 25, 2022, effective March 26, 2022, 52 Pa.B. 1899. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (367767) to (367768).
This section cited in 49 Pa. Code § 18.606 (relating to registration of temporary emergency perfusionist service).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.