§ 25.809. Disciplinary action for licensed perfusionist.
(a) A licensed perfusionist, including a perfusionist holding a temporary graduate license or a temporary provisional license, is subject to disciplinary action under section 15(b) of the act (63 P. S. § 271.15(b)). Following a final determination subject to the right of notice, hearing and adjudication and the right of appeal in accordance with 2 Pa.C.S. § § 501508 and 701704 (relating to Administrative Agency Law), the Board may impose a corrective action in section 15(c) of the act.
(b) Unprofessional conduct includes:
(1) Engaging in conduct prohibited by § 25.216 (relating to sexual misconduct).
(2) Performing an act in a health care profession in a fraudulent, incompetent or negligent manner.
(3) Violating a provision of the act or this chapter setting a standard of professional conduct.
(4) Engaging in health care practice beyond the licensees authority to practice.
(5) Representing oneself to be a physician, physician assistant, certified registered nurse practitioner or other health care practitioner whose profession the perfusionist is not licensed to practice.
(6) Practicing while the licensees ability to do so is impaired by alcohol, drugs, physical disability or mental instability.
(7) Revealing personally identifiable facts obtained as the result of a practitioner-patient relationship without the prior consent of the patient, except as authorized or required under statute or regulation.
(8) Failing to provide supervision as required under section 13.3(e)(2) of the act (63 P. S. § 271.13c(e)(2)) of a perfusion student or failing to provide supervision as required under section 13.3(e)(3) of the act of a perfusion graduate who is not otherwise licensed by the Board to perform perfusion in this Commonwealth.
(c) Immoral conduct includes:
(1) Misrepresenting or concealing a material fact in obtaining a license issued by the Board or renewal, reactivation or reinstatement thereof.
(2) Being convicted of a crime involving moral turpitude, dishonesty or corruption in the courts of the Commonwealth, the United States, another state, the District of Columbia, a territory of the United States or another country.
(3) Committing an act involving moral turpitude, dishonesty or corruption.
This section cited in 49 Pa. Code § 25.803 (relating to application for perfusionist license); 49 Pa. Code § 25.804 (relating to application for temporary graduate perfusionist license); and 49 Pa. Code § 25.805 (relating to application for temporary provisional perfusionist license).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.