§ 33.338. Expiration and renewal of permits.
(a) A permit issued by the Board under this subchapter will expire at the same time as the permitholders dental license but may be renewed biennially at the same time the dental license is renewed.
(b) A dentist who desires to renew a permit shall submit the following:
(1) A renewal application on a form provided by the Board.
(2) The permit renewal fee prescribed in § 33.339 (relating to fees for issuance of permits).
(3) Proof of current certification in ACLS (adult patients) or PALS (pediatric patients), or both (for unrestricted permits and restricted I permits).
(4) An attestation, on the renewal application, that any equipment used to administer general anesthesia, deep sedation, conscious sedation and nitrous oxide/oxygen analgesia has been installed, properly calibrated and maintained according to the equipment manufacturers guidelines and contains a fail-safe system (for all permits).
(5) Proof of compliance with the continuing anesthesia education requirement under § 33.336a(d) (relating to requirements for unrestricted permit and restricted I permit).
(6) Proof of compliance with the office inspection and clinical evaluation requirements under § 33.336a(a).
The provisions of this § 33.338 issued under sections 11.2 and 11.3 of The Dental Law (63 P. S. § § 130c and 130d); amended under sections 3(o) and 11.2(a) of The Dental Law (63 P. S. § § 122(o) and 130c(a)).
The provisions of this § 33.338 adopted July 8, 1988, effective July 9, 1988, 18 Pa.B. 3045; amended May 13, 2005, effective May 14, 2005, 35 Pa.B. 2880. Immediately preceding text appears at serial page (238330).
This section cited in 49 Pa. Code § 33.337 (relating to requirements for restricted permit II).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.