§ 49.18. Licensure by endorsement.
To be issued a license by endorsement without examination as a professional counselor, an applicant shall provide proof satisfactory to the Board, that the applicant has met the following conditions:
(1) Satisfied the general requirements for licensure of § 49.12 (relating to general qualifications for licensure).
(2) Satisfied the educational requirements in section 7(f)(2) of the act (63 P. S. § 1907(f)(2)) and § 49.13(a)(3) (relating to licensed professional counselor).
(3) Holds a professional counselor license that is in good standing from another state. The applicant shall provide a letter from the other states licensing authority where the professional counselor is licensed certifying licensure and reporting any disciplinary history.
(4) Demonstrates to the Boards satisfaction that the applicant has completed a minimum of 3,000 hours of supervised clinical experience that conforms to the requirements of the state in which the applicant is currently licensed.
(5) Demonstrates to the Boards satisfaction that the applicant has, at a minimum, been actively engaged in the practice of professional counseling for 5 of the last 7 years immediately preceding the filing of the application for licensure by endorsement with the Board.
The provisions of this § 49.18 adopted August 26, 2011, effective August 27, 2011, 41 Pa.B. 4627.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.