LICENSURE AND ADMINISTRATION OF SCHOOLS
§ 7.111. Application for a school license.
(a) An owner-applicant for a school license shall submit a license application to the Board with the following:
(1) A sketch plan showing the layout of the school, including the location of classrooms, offices and lavatories and the position of all floor equipment.
(2) The name, signature and license number of the school supervisor, together with proof that the supervisor meets the following qualifications:
(i) Possesses a current cosmetology teacher license issued by the Board.
(ii) Has done one of the following:
(A) Acquired 2,500 hours of satisfactory experience as a cosmetology teacher.
(B) Acquired 1,250 hours of experience as a cosmetology teacher and 1,800 hours of experience.
(3) The name and signature of the person authorized to accept service of legal notice and to transact business on behalf of the school.
(4) Proof that the fictitious name of the school, if any, is registered with the Corporation Bureau of the Department of State.
(5) Proof of compliance with applicable provisions of 34 Pa. Code (relating to labor and industry).
(6) The fees for a school license and approval of a school supervisor prescribed in § 7.2 (relating to fees).
(7) Proof of accreditation or application for accreditation in accordance with § 7.113a (relating to accreditation by a Nationally recognized accrediting agency). Approval by the Department of Education in accordance with Article XVIII of the Public School Code of 1949 (24 P. S. § § 18011855) is acceptable proof of accreditation for secondary vocational technical schools.
(b) A school license will not be issued until the Board has verified the sworn statements made by the owner-applicant in the license application and the school has been inspected by a Bureau inspector as provided in § 7.113 (relating to inspection of a school before licensure). The Board may request the owner-applicant to appear before the Board to answer questions about the application.
The provisions of this § 7.111 amended under sections 5 and 11 of the act of May 3, 1933 (P. L. 242, No. 86) (63 P. S. § § 511 and 517).
The provisions of this § 7.111 adopted September 12, 1975, effective September 13, 1975, 5 Pa.B. 2391; amended May 24, 1991, effective May 25, 1991, 21 Pa.B. 2479; amended January 6, 2007, effective January 7, 2007, 37 Pa.B. 20; amended January 9, 2009, effective January 10, 2009, 39 Pa.B. 219. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (325175) to (325176).
This section cited in 49 Pa. Code § 7.113b (relating to change of school location, ownership, fictitious name or supervisor).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.