§ 1021.5. Standards for obtaining a taxicab drivers certificate.
(a) General. To obtain a taxicab drivers certificate an individual shall complete and file with the Director Form DR-1 Driver Application, along with the application fee which shall be paid as provided in § 1001.42 (relating to mode of payment to the Authority). The DR-1 may be obtained on the Authoritys web site at www.philapark.org/tld and be completed in person before TLD staff. The fee for a taxicab drivers certificate is $25 beginning November 4, 2016, and ending January 1, 2018. Thereafter, any annual increase to the fee may not exceed the percentage annual change in the Gross Domestic Product Price Index, as calculated by the United States Department of Commerce. The current taxicab driver certificate fee will be posted on the Authoritys web site at www.philapark.org/tld under § 1001.43 (relating to Authority fee schedule). The taxicab driver certificate fee does not include the fees associated to attend taxicab driver training whether conducted by the Authority or an approved third party under § 1021.7 (relating to taxicab driver training).
(b) DR-1 application. The completed DR-1 must be verified as provided in § 1001.36 (relating to verification and affidavit) and include the information required by the Authority, including all of the following:
(1) The full and legal name of the individual applicant.
(2) The applicants residential address and telephone number. Applicants may submit an email address to become eligible for service of notice as provided in § 1001.51 (relating to service by the Authority).
(3) The applicants drivers license.
(4) The applicants Social Security card or documents confirming a legal permanent resident status or an alien authorized to work status, if applicable.
(5) Authorization for release of the applicants criminal history report from the State Police to the Authority, if necessary, and authorization for the release of the applicants criminal history report from a certificate holder.
(6) Authorization for the release of the applicants driver history report from the Department of Transportation to the Authority, if necessary, and authorization for the release of the applicants driver history report from a certificate holder.
(7) Submit Form DR-2 Driver Medical History, which is available on the Authoritys web site at www.philapark.org/tld. The requirement to complete the DR-2 will be waived for an applicant who possesses a current physical exam card issued under the requirements of a commercial drivers license in Pennsylvania. See 49 CFR 391.41391.49 (relating to physical qualifications and examinations).
(8) A list of all Authority or PUC certificates in which the applicant has any controlling interest, including taxicab medallions.
(9) A written statement verified as provided in § 1001.36, which provides that:
(i) The applicant has not been subject to a conviction as provided in § 1001.10 (relating to definitions).
(ii) The applicant is in compliance with § 1011.7 (relating to payment of outstanding fines, fees and penalties).
(iii) The applicant can comply with the requirements in this chapter.
The provisions of this § 1021.5 temporarily amended under 53 Pa.C.S. § 57B02.
The provisions of this § 1021.5 temporarily amended May 5, 2017, effective February 25, 2017, expire upon promulgation of final-form regulations or on November 5, 2018, whichever is later, as set forth in 53 Pa.C.S. § 57B02(b), 47 Pa.B. 2558. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (373557) and (373125) to (373126).
This section cited in 52 Pa. Code § 1021.9 (relating to taxicab driver test); and 52 Pa. Code § 1057.13 (relating to limousine drivers certificate upon cancellation).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.