§ 1021.7. Taxicab driver training.
(Editors Note: This regulation has been recognized as invalid as applied to partial-rights taxicabs. Germantown Cab Company v. Philadelphia Parking Authority, 155 A.3d 669 (Pa. Cmwlth. 2017).)
(a) Training required. An applicant shall complete a training program.
(b) Training options. An applicant has the option to complete the taxicab driver training program conducted by the Authority under subsection (d) or conducted by a third party that has been approved by the Authority under subsection (e).
(c) Eligibility. Upon submission of a completed DR-1 application as provided in this chapter, the DR-1 will be reviewed to determine if the applicant is eligible to attend the required training program conducted by either the Authority or an approved third party as provided in subsection (d) or (e).
(1) An applicant will not be scheduled for training conducted by the Authority or receive clearance from the Authority to attend an approved third-party training program if the application documents present information that clearly renders the applicant ineligible to be a taxicab driver. For example, an applicant who does not possess a valid drivers license or is not in compliance with § 1011.7 (relating to payment of outstanding fines, fees and penalties) will not be scheduled for training or receive clearance to attend training.
(2) If the applicant is eligible to attend training, the applicant may be issued a provisional taxicab driver certificate, for up to 90 days from the filing date of the DR-1, or until a certificate is issued by the Authority, whichever is earlier.
(d) Training by the Authority. Taxicab driver training conducted by the Authority will be held at TLD Headquarters and will consist of a minimum of 18 hours of in-class instruction addressing the training subjects as provided in § 1021.8 (relating to certain training subjects).
(1) The fee to attend training conducted by the Authority is $100 beginning February 25, 2017, and ending June 30, 2017, or when a new fee schedule is adopted under sections 5707 and 5710 of the act (relating to budget and assessments; and fees), whichever is later.
(2) The training fee shall be paid prior to attending training and as provided in § 1001.42 (relating to mode of payment to the Authority).
(e) Training by an approved third party. An Authority approved third-party taxicab driver training program will be conducted at a location, date and time determined by the third party and will address training subjects as provided in § 1021.8.
(f) Approval of third-party training program. A person may submit a written request to be an approved third-party trainer under this chapter by submitting all of the following to the Director:
(1) A proposed curriculum that includes the training subjects as outlined in § 1021.8.
(2) A detailed comprehensive plan identifying all of the following:
(i) The location of where the training program will be conducted.
(ii) The frequency of when the training program will be offered, including days and hours of the training programs operations.
(iii) The number of days and hours that a taxicab driver applicant will have to attend to complete the program.
(iv) The cost per taxicab driver applicant for attending the training program.
(v) Explanation as to how the training program will be advertised.
(vi) Nondiscrimination policy to offer the training program to any taxicab driver applicant regardless of which dispatcher or medallion taxicab owner the driver may associate with.
(vii) Rules governing the completion of the training program and procedure for issuing certificates of completion to taxicab driver applicants under § 1021.8(d).
(viii) Explanation as to how the training program will demonstrate and conduct tutorials of all Authority-approved medallion taxicab meter systems.
(3) Upon approval of the third-party training program, the Authority will issue a certificate of approval to be displayed at all times at the third-party training program location.
(4) The Authority will maintain a list of approved third-party training programs on the Authoritys web site at www.philapark.org/tld.
The provisions of this § 1021.7 temporarily amended under 53 Pa.C.S. § 57B02.
The provisions of this § 1021.7 temporarily amended May 5, 2017, effective February 25, 2017, expire upon promulgation of final-form regulations or on November 5, 2018, whichever is later, as set forth in 53 Pa.C.S. § 57B02(b), 47 Pa.B. 2558. Immediately preceding text appears at serial page (373128).
This section cited in 52 Pa. Code § 1021.5 (relating to standards for obtaining a taxicab drivers certificate).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.