CHAPTER 1030. TAXICAB RATES
1030.2. Taxicab rates and tariffs.
The provisions of this Chapter 1030 temporarily issued under 53 Pa.C.S. § 57B02.
The provisions of this Chapter 1030 temporarily adopted May 5, 2017, effective February 25, 2017, expire upon promulgation of final-form regulations or on November 5, 2018, whichever is later, as set forth in 53 Pa.C.S. § 57B02(b), 47 Pa.B. 2558, unless otherwise noted.
§ 1030.1. Definition.
The following word, when used in this chapter, has the following meaning, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
TariffA schedule of rates that is charged to a passenger upon being provided taxicab service within Philadelphia or within a certain designated territory in Philadelphia as outlined in the tariff.
§ 1030.2. Taxicab rates and tariffs.
(a) Medallion taxicabs. Medallion taxicabs shall charge a uniform rate as determined and approved by the Authority upon investigation as provided in section 5703 or 5720 of the act, or both (relating to rates; and wages).
(1) Changes to an existing and duly established rate shall be determined under section 5703 or 5720 of the act, or both, or otherwise ordered by the Authority.
(2) A certificate holder or certified driver may petition the Authority to reopen a rate investigation under section 5703 or 5720 of the act, or both, to allow for flexible rates or surcharges, including fuel or peak-hour surcharges. A request for a flexible pricing model must include a proposed framework for consumer protections that involve upfront disclosure of the fare in a way that is not contingent upon consumer request and the flexible pricing model will be computed to not violate the Price Gouging Act (73 P.S. § § 232.1232.5).
(3) An approved flexible pricing model or surcharge will be reviewed annually by the Authority.
(1) Upon advanced written notice to the Authority, a dispatcher certificate holder may offer below-tariff pricing such as coupons, loyalty programs and corporate client discounts.
(2) Upon approval by the Authority from a written request by a dispatcher certificate holder, a dispatcher may establish procedures for assessing fees to passengers for any of the following:
(i) Cancellation of prearranged taxicab service within a certain time period of when the requested service was scheduled to begin.
(ii) Nonappearance of a passenger after requesting prearranged taxicab service.
(iii) Cleaning of a taxicab as a direct result of an act by a passenger.
This section cited in 52 Pa. Code § 1021.11 (relating to driver requirements).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.