§ 1057.8. Certain training subjects.
(a) The Authority will continually monitor issues related to limousine drivers, including safety and customer service, and maintain a current list of limousine driver training subjects on its web site at www.philapark.org/tld, including the following subjects:
(1) Authority regulations governing limousine drivers.
(2) Authority regulations governing limousine certificate holders.
(3) Authority regulations governing equipment.
(4) Penalties for violation of Authority regulations.
(5) Overview of the administrative process related to violations.
(6) Identification and address of the Authority offices responsible for administering the act.
(7) Driving and customer safety issues, including the following:
(i) Defensive driving techniques.
(ii) Emergency aid.
(iii) Vehicle and equipment inspections.
(iv) Crime prevention.
(v) Accident reporting procedures.
(8) Issues related to the geography of Philadelphia, including the following:
(i) Map reading.
(ii) Overview of major street and traffic patterns.
(iii) Identification and location of popular landmarks and locations.
(b) Upon submission of a completed DR-1 application as provided in this chapter, the DR-1 will be reviewed to determine if the applicant is eligible to be scheduled for testing under § 1057.9 (relating to limousine driver test).
(1) An applicant will not be scheduled for testing if the application documents present information that clearly renders the applicant ineligible to be a limousine driver. For example, an applicant who does not possess a valid drivers license or is not in compliance with § 1051.6 (relating to payment of outstanding fines, fees and penalties).
(2) If the applicant is eligible to be scheduled for testing, the applicant may be issued a provisional limousine driver certificate, for up to 90 days from the filing date of the DR-1, or until a certificate is issued by the Authority, whichever is earlier.
(3) Upon confirmation of a completed DR-1 filing, the applicant shall schedule a time and date for testing under § 1057.9 with the Manager of Administration.
The provisions of this § 1057.8 temporarily amended under 53 Pa.C.S. § 57B02.
The provisions of this § 1057.8 temporarily amended May 5, 2017, effective February 25, 2017, expire upon promulgation of final-form regulations or on November 5, 2018, whichever is later, as set forth in 53 Pa.C.S. § 57B02(b), 47 Pa.B. 2558. Immediately preceding text appears at serial page (360508).
This section cited in 52 Pa. Code § 1057.9 (relating to limousine driver test).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.