§ 1065.1. Limousine insurance.
(a) Insurance requirements generally. Except as provided in subsection (b), a limousine certificate holder shall comply with the relevant portions of Chapter 1025 (relating to insurance required), including the filing of Form E and Form K documents.
(b) Limousine insurance required.
(1) A regulated party may not engage in limousine service and the certificate of public convenience will not be issued, or remain in force, except as provided in § 1025.4 (relating to applications to self-insure) until there has been filed with and approved by the Authority a certificate of insurance by an insurer authorized to do business in this Commonwealth, to provide for the payment of valid accident claims against the insured for bodily injury to or the death of a person, or the loss of or damage to property of others resulting from the operation, maintenance or use of a limousine in the insured authorized service.
(2) The liability insurance maintained by a limousine certificate holder shall be in an amount at least $1,500,000 to cover liability for bodily injury, death or property damage incurred in an accident arising from authorized service. Except as to the required amount of coverage, these benefits must conform to 75 Pa.C.S. Chapter 17 (relating to Motor Vehicle Financial Responsibility Law). First party coverage of the limousine driver of limousines must meet the requirements in 75 Pa.C.S. § 1711 (relating to required benefits).
(3) The certificate holders loss history with a current or former insurer shall be released to the Authority within 2 business days of a request by the Authority. The certificate holder shall authorize any release required by the insurer to facilitate the timely delivery of the loss history to the Authority.
(4) The Authority may direct insurers to file proof of insurance both electronically and in hard copy.
(5) The limits in paragraph (2) do not include the insurance of cargo.
(6) The requirements in § 1025.3 (relating to insurance required) do not apply to limousines.
This section cited in 52 Pa. Code § 1053.43 (relating to certain limousine requirements).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.