§ 31.122. Estimated cost of services.
(a) A household goods carrier shall prepare an estimated cost of services for the proposed service, on a form. The form shall be supplied to the shipper at least 48 hours prior to the move, unless the shipper agrees, in writing, to a shorter notice period. The estimate must contain the following information:
(1) Unless otherwise permitted by the Commission, across the top of each form there shall be imprinted in letters at least 1/2 inch high the words Estimated Cost of Services.
(2) The names and addresses of the carrier and shipper.
(3) The origin and destination of the shipment.
(4) The date of the estimate and the date of the proposed move.
(5) A certification that the shipper accepts or rejects the minimum coverage limits for loss or damage.
(6) The applicable rates for handling, packing, container use, vehicles, labor, weight and distance, and excess loss/damage coverage above the minimum.
(7) Notification to the shipper that the shipper will be required to pay any increase in charges resulting from changes to the carriers tariff between the time of the estimate and the actual move.
(8) The signature of the carrier representative and the shipper, including the date and time the estimate was provided.
(b) The carrier shall maintain a copy of the estimated cost of services for 2 years from the date of the move.
The provisions of this § 31.122 amended under the Public Utility Code, 66 Pa.C.S. § § 501, 1102, 1103, 1501, 1502, 1504, 1506, 1508 and Chapters 23 and 25.
The provisions of this § 31.22 adopted September 14, 1973, effective September 15, 1973, 3 Pa.B. 2064; amended August 4, 2006, effective August 5, 2006, 36 Pa.B. 4181. Immediately preceding text appears at serial page (241258).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.