§ 53.55. Applicability; canal, turnpike, tunnel, bridge and wharf
(a) Whenever a canal, turnpike, tunnel, bridge or wharf company public utility files a tariff or tariff supplement which will increase or decrease the rates to any of its patrons, it shall submit to the Commission, with the tariff or tariff supplement, statements showing all of the following:
(1) The specific reasons for each such increase or decrease.
(2) The operating revenues of the utility for the latest 12-month period, the end of which shall not be more than 60 days prior to such filing.
(3) The estimated effect of each rate increase or decrease on the annual revenues of the utility.
(b) Whenever such a public utility files a tariff or tariff supplement which will increase its operating revenues for the latest 12-month period by more than 3% (subsection (a)(3) divided by subsection (a)(2)), it shall submit to the Commission with the tariff or tariff supplement, in addition to the statements required by subsection (a), all of the following information:
(1) A detailed balance sheet of the public utility as of the close of the period referred to in subsection (a)(2).
(2) A summary, by detailed plant accounts, of the book value of the property of the utility devoted to public service, as applicable, at the date of the balance sheet required by paragraph (1).
(3) A statement showing the amount of the depreciation reserve, at the date of the balance sheet required by paragraph (1), applicable to the property referred to in paragraph (2).
(4) A statement of operating income derived from public service, setting forth the operating revenues and expenses by detailed accounts, for the 12-month period covered by subsection (a)(2).
This section cited in 52 Pa. Code § 63.115 (relating to tariff supplements).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.