§ 53.60. Supporting documentation for promotional offerings, joint or bundled service packages, and toll services.
(a) Promotional offerings. CLECs and ILECs are not required to provide cost support for tariff filings involving a promotional service offering for noncompetitive services so long as the promotional offering does not result in any type of price increase to customers.
(1) ILEC and CLEC tariff filings involving a promotional service offering for noncompetitive services will become effective on 1-days notice. ILECs and CLECs shall provide a 10-day advance notice to any resellers that purchase the promotional service offering from the ILEC or CLEC making the tariff filing.
(2) The Commission may request relevant documentary support, including cost support for tariff filings involving promotional service offerings for noncompetitive services.
(3) CLECs and ILECs that file promotional service offerings for noncompetitive services under this subsection shall confirm in their filing that subscribers to the promotional service offerings will be required to respond affirmatively at any time the promotional service is being offered if they wish to continue the service beyond the promotional period.
(4) Promotional service offerings may not have a duration of longer than 6 months in any rolling 12-month period which commences as of the effective date of the filed promotion.
(5) No filing requirements exist for promotional service offerings involving competitive services.
(b) Joint or bundled service packages. CLECs and ILECs are relieved from an automatic obligation to provide cost support for tariff filings involving the offering of joint or bundled service packages.
(1) When ILEC joint or bundled service packages include both competitive and noncompetitive services, these service packages shall meet any applicable State law or regulation regarding cost justification, discrimination and unfair pricing in joint or bundled service package offerings, and their component competitive and noncompetitive services.
(2) The Commission may request relevant documentary support, including cost support, for tariff filings involving joint or bundled services.
(3) No filing requirements exist for the offering of joint or bundled service packages composed entirely of competitive services.
(c) Toll services. CLECs and ILECs may file tariffs with changes in their rates and charges for existing noncompetitive toll services alone that can become effective on 1-days notice. A 16-day notice period is required for the filing of a new toll service or the specific noncompetitive services defined in 66 Pa.C.S. § 3008(a) (relating to interexchange telecommunications carrier). For tariff filings and rate changes involving noncompetitive toll services, the Commission may request relevant documentary support, including cost support.
The provisions of this § 53.60 issued under the Public Utility Code, 66 Pa.C.S. § § 501 and 1501; and section 612 of The Administrative Code of 1929 (71 P. S. § 232).
The provisions of this § 53.60 adopted December 1, 2000, effective December 2, 2000, 30 Pa.B. 6202.
This section cited in 52 Pa. Code § 53.57 (relating to definitions).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.