§ 61.44. Operating and maintenance plan.
(a) By January 1, 2018, a steam utility shall establish and file with the Secretary of the Commission and the Pipeline Safety Division a detailed, written operating and maintenance plan for complying with this chapter. Revisions to a plan shall be submitted at least 30 days prior to the effective date of the revision.
(b) The operating and maintenance plan must include, at a minimum, all of the following:
(1) Detailed instructions for employees covering operating and maintenance procedures during normal operations and repairs.
(2) Procedures for welding, brazing and welder qualifications.
(3) Procedures for reporting, investigating, classifying, handling and monitoring steam leaks.
(4) Procedures to correct, within specified time frames, deficiencies found during inspections, evaluations, tests, and the like required under this chapter.
(5) Procedures for continuing surveillance of steam facilities to determine and take appropriate action concerning failures, leakage history, and other unusual operating and maintenance conditions.
(6) An established list of qualified persons who exclusively may approve the turn-on of any section of the steam distribution system.
(7) Procedures to ensure that the turn-on of any section of the steam distribution system is accomplished only by persons specifically trained, qualified and approved for that purpose.
(c) A steam utility shall adhere to its operating and maintenance plan filed with the Commission.
The provisions of this § 61.44 issued under the Public Utility Code, 66 Pa.C.S. § § 501 and 1501.
The provisions of this § 61.44 adopted December 1, 2017, effective December 2, 2017, 47 Pa.B. 7314.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.