§ 63.191. Statement of purpose and policy.
(a) The purpose of this subchapter is to establish general rules, procedures and standards governing the migration of customers between LSPs, including porting telephone numbers, resolving interfering stations, exchanging customer records and the transition of billing accounts. The primary objective of this subchapter is to establish standards to ensure that residential and business customers can migrate from one LSP to another LSP without confusion, delay or interruption to their local service.
(b) This subchapter applies to:
(1) LSPs and NSPs for migration of residential and business customers between LSPs.
(2) LSPs and NSPs when interfering station conditions are encountered.
(c) This subchapter does not apply to:
(1) Mass migrations of customers brought about by the selling or transferring of a customer base of one LSP to another.
(2) An LSP that has properly proceeded with the abandonment of service to its customer base.
(3) DSL migration.
(4) Line sharing/splitting arrangements.
(d) To the extent that other regulations do not address circumstances as described in subsection (c), this subchapter may provide guidance for those transactions.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.