§ 63.37. Operation of the Telecommunications Relay Service System and Relay Service Fund.
(1) The Pennsylvania Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS), the Telecommunications Devices for the Deaf Program and the Print Media Access System Program are codified in the Universal Telecommunications and Print Media Access Act (35 P. S. § § 6701.16701.4). The Relay Service Fund (Fund) covers eligible intrastate costs associated with the operation of the three programs. The costs are recovered from residential and business wireline access line end-users by a monthly surcharge on local service telephone bills.
(2) To permit the Commission to effectively monitor and evaluate the revenue and cost data associated with the Fund, each local exchange carrier (LEC) shall file an annual tracking report delineating monthly revenues collected and remittances for late payments for the preceding 12-month year and an annual access line summary report detailing its access line count as of December 31 of the preceding year. The tracking data are used for periodic audits of the Fund. The access line counts are used to calculate the next years TRS surcharge.
(b) Timely remittance of revenues.
(1) LECs shall remit the TRS surcharge revenues to the Fund administrator by the 20th of each month for revenues collected during the prior month.
(2) Delays or inaccuracies in remitting revenues to the Fund result in lost earnings by the Fund. An LEC that is late in remitting surcharge revenues shall remit an additional contribution to the Fund to make up for lost Fund earnings. The additional contribution shall be based upon the published prime rate in effect at the time of the missed due date and shall cover the period beginning at the date of the occurrence of the failure to remit and continue until the surcharge revenues are properly remitted to the Fund.
(c) Filing of TRS reports.
(1) Annual tracking report. An LEC shall submit its annual tracking report to the Secretarys Bureau by March 31 of each year, in the format and detail specified on the Commissions web site (www.puc.state.pa.us).
(2) Annual access line summary report. An LEC shall submit its annual access line summary report to the Secretarys Bureau by March 1 of each year, in the format and detail specified on the Commissions web site.
(d) Failure to remit TRS revenues or to file TRS reports. An LEC that fails to timely and accurately submit a tracking report or an access line summary report or that fails to timely and accurately submit TRS surcharge revenues may need to reimburse the Fund under subsection (b). The Commission will utilize all available remedies to ensure reporting and remittance compliance including fines and the revocation of Certificates of Public Convenience.
The provisions of this § 63.37 adopted under the Universal Telecommunications and Print Media Access Act (35 P. S. § § 6701.16701.4).
The provisions of this § 63.37 adopted December 19, 2008, effective December 20, 2008, 38 Pa.B. 6924.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.