§ 69.807. Subcontracting program.
Each major jurisdictional utility company is encouraged to establish and maintain a subcontracting program for its prime contractors to utilize minority/women/persons with disabilities/LGBTQ/veteran-owned business subcontractors. The subcontracting program will serve as an enhancement to and not a replacement for the major jurisdictional utility companys minority/women/persons with disabilities/LGBTQ/veteran-owned business program.
(1) The major jurisdictional utility company should incorporate in purchase orders, requests for bid proposals and other appropriate procurement documents related to procurement efforts subject to its subcontracting program, a statement such as follows:
It is the policy of this utility that businesses owned by minorities, women, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ and veterans should have an equal opportunity to compete for subcontracts. The contractor agrees to use its best efforts to carry out this policy to the fullest extent consistent with the efficient performance of this contract.
(2) The major jurisdictional utility company is encouraged to assist its prime contractors in developing plans to increase the opportunities for participation by minority/women/persons with disabilities/LGBTQ/veteran-owned business subcontractors. Prime contractors will be encouraged to submit these plans and the results to the major jurisdictional utility company.
(3) The subcontracting program should apply to purchases/contracts exceeding $500,000 for products and services, and for construction contracts over $1 million. The subcontracting program need not be applied to the procurement of products and services in excluded categories.
(4) Each major jurisdictional utility company is encouraged to inform suppliers of products and services that subcontracting with businesses owned by minority/women/persons with disabilities/LGBTQ/veterans is a factor that may be considered in the bid evaluation process.
(5) Each major jurisdictional utility company should include awards to verified minority/women/persons with disabilities/LGBTQ/veteran-owned business subcontractors in each report to the Commission.
The provisions of this § 69.807 amended under the Public Utility Code, 66 Pa.C.S. § § 501, 505, 506 and 512.
The provisions of this § 69.807 adopted March 24, 1995, effective March 25, 1995, 25 Pa.B. 1084; amended January 22, 2021, effective January 23, 2021, 51 Pa.B. 435. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (220843) to (220844).
This section cited in 52 Pa. Code § 69.802 (relating to definitions for reporting employee statistics); 52 Pa. Code § 69.802a (relating to definitons for reporting vendor statistics); and 52 Pa. Code § 69.804 (relating to contracting recommendations).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.