§ 71.5. Format for filing financial reports.
(a) The public utility shall include the following information in the financial reports required by § 71.3 (relating to filing requirements):
(1) Computations of the public utilitys rate base, income available for return and capitalization in sufficient detail to demonstrate the major elements of these basic ratemaking parameters.
(2) Financial data which specifies actual per book amounts, intrastate allocation percentages, intrastate amounts, adjustments to intrastate amounts and adjusted results. The actual per book amounts for each 12-month period shall be presented in the manner reflected in the most recent audited annual report filed with the Commission.
(3) Adjustments to intrastate amounts which demonstrate the revenue, expense, tax and rate base effect of each adjustment supported by a brief narrative explanation which states the nature of the adjustmentannualization, normalization or ratemakingthe reason for the adjustment, references to prior Commission decisions and necessary computational details.
(4) A calculation of the return on common equity for the reported 12-month period based on the public utilitys actual and adjusted rate base, income available for return and capitalization data.
(5) Capitalization data which sets forth a calculation of the public utilitys capital structure and related ratios, the cost of debt and preferred stock and necessary adjustments to capital structure to account for known changes which have occurred during the reported 12-month period.
(b) The public utility shall present the financial reports, data and adjustments described in subsection (a) in a manner which is consistent with the schedules and format specified by the Office of Special Assistants.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.