§ 1101.75. Provider prohibited acts.
(a) An enrolled provider may not, either directly or indirectly, do any of the following acts:
(1) Knowingly or intentionally present for allowance or payment a false or fraudulent claim or cost report for furnishing services or merchandise under MA, knowingly present for allowance or payment a claim or cost report for medically unnecessary services or merchandise under MA, or knowingly submit false information, for the purpose of obtaining greater compensation than that to which the provider is legally entitled for furnishing services or merchandise under MA.
(2) Knowingly submit false information to obtain authorization to furnish services or items under MA.
(3) Solicit, receive, offer or pay a remuneration, including a kickback, bribe or rebate, directly or indirectly, in cash or in kind, from or to a person in connection with furnishing of services or items or referral of a recipient for services and items.
(4) Submit a duplicate claim for services or items for which the provider has already received or claimed reimbursement from a source.
(5) Submit a claim for services or items which were not rendered by the provider or were not rendered to a recipient.
(6) Submit a claim for services or items which includes costs or charges which are not related to the cost of the services or items.
(7) Submit a claim or refer a recipient to another provider by referral, order or prescription, for services, supplies or equipment which are not documented in the record in the prescribed manner and are of little or no benefit to the recipient, are below the accepted medical treatment standards, or are not medically necessary.
(8) Submit a claim which misrepresents the description of the services, supplies or equipment dispensed or provided, the date of service, the identity of the recipient or of the attending, prescribing, referring or actual provider.
(9) Submit a claim for a service or item at a fee that is greater than the providers charge to the general public.
(10) Except in emergency situations, dispense, render or provide a service or item without a practitioners written order and the consent of the recipient or submit a claim for a service or item which was dispensed or provided without the consent of the recipient.
(11) Except in emergency situations, dispense, render or provide a service or item to a patient claiming to be a recipient without first making a reasonable effort to verify by a current Medical Services Eligibility card that the patient is an eligible recipient with no other medical resources.
(12) Enter into an agreement, combination or conspiracy to obtain or aid another in obtaining payment from the Department for which the provider or other person is not entitled, that is, eligible.
(13) Make a false statement in the application for enrollment or reenrollment in the program.
(14) Commit a prohibited act specified in § 1102.81(a) (relating to prohibited acts of a shared health facility and providers practicing in the shared health facility).
(b) A provider or person who commits a prohibited act specified in subsection (a), except paragraph (11), is subject to the penalties specified in § § 1101.76, 1101.77 and 1101.83 (relating to criminal penalties; enforcement actions by the Department; and restitution and repayment).
The provisions of this § 1101.75 issued under sections 403(a) and (b), 441.1 and 1410 of the Human Services Code (62 P. S. § § 403(a) and (b), 441.1 and 1410).
The provisions of this § 1101.75 adopted November 18, 1983, effective November 19, 1983, 13 Pa.B. 3653.
This section cited in 55 Pa. Code § 41.153 (relating to burden of proof and production); 55 Pa. Code § 1101.76 (relating to criminal penalties); 55 Pa. Code § 1101.83 (relating to restitution and repayment); 55 Pa. Code § 1101.84 (relating to provider right of appeal); and 55 Pa. Code § 5221.43 (relating to quality assurance and utilization review).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.