§ 1102.33. Responsibilities relating to the provision of medical services.
The operator of a registered shared health facility shall:
(1) Insure that a recipient is treated by a practitioner who is familiar with the medical history of the recipient.
(2) Assign a clearly identified general practitioner to each recipient, the assignment of whom may be changed at any time at the request of the recipient.
(3) Insure the freedom of the recipient to choose a provider at the shared health facility or elsewhere.
(4) Post conspicuously the names and scheduled office hours of practitioners rendering services in the facility.
(5) Make available to patients either the telephone number of the central answering service of the designated practitioner of the recipient or of the colleague of the practitioner as designated by the practitioner or the telephone number of a centralized 24-hour-a-day, 7 day-a-week answering service for recipient off-hour questions.
(6) Maintain a central registry that contains a daily record of the name and Medical Assistance record number of each recipient receiving services at the facility, the major complaint of each recipient and the name of a provider the services of whom were requested by the recipient or to whom the recipient was referred.
(7) Through the administrator, insure that recipient records and summaries of all recipient visits include the diagnosis and any pharmaceuticals prescribed and are at all times available at either the facility or at a place immediately available to all providers at the facility.
(8) Insure that the physical facilities of the shared health facility provide privacy for each recipient during examination, interview and treatment and that the treatment rooms, equipment and medical supplies and instruments are clean and properly maintained at all times.
(9) Post conspicuously the telephone number of the Bureau of Utilization Review of the Office of Medical Assistance along with a statement that the Bureau is responsible for providing information concerning shared health facilities and for receiving complaints concerning the provision of health care services at shared health facilities.
This section cited in 55 Pa. Code § 1102.31 (relating to general responsibilities).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.