§ 183.93. Sponsor deductions.
The following deductions are allowed from the verified gross income of an individual sponsor and the sponsors spouse, if living together and if not included in the budget group. The alien is required to provide a copy of the affidavit of support signed by the sponsor. The alien and sponsor are jointly or severally liable for an overpayment of assistance made to the alien and action will be initiated, if indicated, under Chapter 255 (relating to restitution).
(1) Deduct 20%, up to a maximum of $175, from the total monthly gross earned income of the sponsor and the sponsors spouse.
(2) Deduct the verified expenses the sponsor or spouse incurred to obtain unearned income.
(3) Deduct an amount equal to the standard of needAppendix B, Table 1 (relating to standard of need)for a family group composed of the sponsor and those dependents in his household who are or could be claimed by the sponsor in determining Federal income tax liability, but who are not included in the TANF or GA budget group.
(4) Deduct amounts verified as actually paid by the sponsor or the sponsors spouse to persons not living in the household who are or could be claimed by them as dependents for their Federal personal income tax.
(5) Deduct verified payments of alimony or child support to individuals not living in the household.
(6) If the income of the sponsor or the sponsors spouse is deemed available to two or more aliens, the income is divided equally among the aliens.
(7) If the amount deemed available for the alien exceeds the aliens family size allowance or the aliens share of the budget groups family size allowance, the alien is ineligible.
(8) Income deemed available which exceeds the aliens family size allowance is not considered as income available to unsponsored members of the aliens family unless the sponsor agrees to contribute the excess income to the unsponsored family members. The total amount of the contribution is considered as unearned income to the budget group.
The provisions of this § 183.93 issued under section 403(b) of the Public Welfare Code (62 P. S. § 403(b)).
The provisions of this § 183.93 adopted August 26, 1988, effective November 1, 1988, 18 Pa.B. 3921.
This section cited in 55 Pa. Code § 133.23 (relating to requirements); 55 Pa. Code § 183.98 (relating to unearned income and lump sum income deductions); and 55 Pa. Code § 183.105 (relating to increases in income).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.