§ 3270.131. Health information.
(a) The operator shall require the parent of an enrolled child, including a child, a foster child and a relative of an operator or a facility person, to provide an initial health report no later than 60 days following the first day of attendance at the facility.
(1) The initial health report for an infant must be dated no more than 3 months prior to the first day of attendance at the facility.
(2) The initial health report for a young toddler must be dated no more than 6 months prior to the first day of attendance at the facility.
(3) The initial health report for an older toddler or preschool child must be dated no more than 1 year prior to the first day of attendance at the facility.
(4) The initial health report for a school-age child must be dated in accordance with the requirements for medical examinations for school attendance in 28 Pa. Code § 23.2 (relating to medical examinations).
(b) The operator shall require the parent to provide an updated health report in accordance with the following schedules:
(1) At least every 6 months for an infant or young toddler.
(2) At least every 12 months for an older toddler or preschool child.
(c) A health report must be written and signed by a physician, physicians assistant or a CRNP. The signature must include the individuals professional title.
(d) The health report must include the following information:
(1) A review of the childs health history.
(2) A list of the childs allergies.
(3) A list of the childs current medication and the reason for the medication.
(4) An assessment of an acute or chronic health problem or special need and recommendations for treatment or services, including information regarding abnormal results of screening tests for vision, hearing or lead poisoning.
(5) A review of the childs immunized status according to recommendations of the ACIP.
(6) A statement of the childs medical information pertinent to diagnosis and treatment in case of emergency.
(7) A statement that the child is able to participate in child care and appears to be free from contagious or communicable disease.
(8) A statement that age-appropriate screenings recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics were conducted since the time of the previous health report required by this section.
(e) The facility may not accept or retain an infant 2 months of age or older, a toddler or a preschool child at the facility for more than 60 days following the first day of attendance at the facility unless the parent provides written verification from a physician, physicians assistant, CRNP, the Department of Health or a local health department of the dates (month, day and year) the child was administered immunizations in accordance with the recommendations of the ACIP.
(1) The facility shall require the parent to provide updated written verification from a physician, physicians assistant, CRNP, the Department of Health or a local health department of ongoing vaccines administered to an infant, toddler or preschool child in accordance with the schedule recommended by the ACIP.
(2) Exemption from immunization must be documented as follows:
(i) Exemption from immunization for religious belief or strong personal objection equated to a religious belief must be documented by a written, signed and dated statement from the childs parent or guardian. The statement shall be kept in the childs record.
(ii) Exemption from immunization for reasons of medical need shall be documented by a written, signed and dated statement from the childs physician, physicians assistant or CRNP. The statement shall be kept in the childs record.
(3) The facility shall implement dismissal policies in accordance with the Department of Health regulation in 28 Pa. Code § 27.77 (relating to immunization requirements for children in child care group settings).
(4) The facility shall comply with the annual immunization reporting requirements in accordance with the Department of Health regulation in 28 Pa. Code § 27.77.
The provisions of this § 3270.131 amended under Articles IX and X of the Human Services Code (62 P.S. § § 901922 and 10011088).
The provisions of this § 3270.131 amended May 23, 2008, effective September 22, 2008, 38 Pa.B. 2437. Immediately preceding text appears at serial page (312151).
This section cited in 55 Pa. Code § 3041.46 (relating to immunization); 55 Pa. Code § 3270.122 (relating to admission interview); and 55 Pa. Code § 3270.241 (relating to requirements specific to school-age programs).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.