§ 3290.124. Emergency contact information.
(a) Emergency contact information shall be present in a child care facility for each enrolled child. Emergency contact information must reference who shall be contacted in an emergency.
(b) Emergency contact information must include the following:
(1) The name and birth date of the child.
(2) The name, address and telephone number of the childs source of medical care.
(3) The home and work addresses and home and work telephone numbers of the enrolling parent.
(4) A written consent signed by a parent for emergency medical care.
(5) Information on the childs special needs, as specified by the childs parent, physician, physicians assistant or CRNP, which is needed in an emergency situation.
(6) Health insurance coverage and policy number for the child under a family policy or Medical Assistance (MA) benefits, if applicable.
(7) The name, address and telephone number of the individual designated by the parent to whom the child may be released.
(c) When children leave the facility on walking and riding excursions, emergency contact information specific to each child on the excursion shall accompany a staff person on the excursion.
(d) A written plan shall be conspicuously posted which identifies the means of transporting a child to emergency care and the facility staffing provisions in the event of an emergency. The plan must accompany a staff person who leaves the facility on an excursion with children.
(e) Emergency contact information shall be updated in writing by the parent once in a 6-month period or as soon as there is a change in the information.
The provisions of this § 3290.124 amended under Articles IX and X of the Human Services Code (62 P.S. § § 901922 and 10011088).
The provisions of this § 3290.124 amended May 23, 2008, effective September 22, 2008, 38 Pa.B. 2437. Immediately preceding text appears at serial page (312159).
This section cited in 55 Pa. Code § 3290.122 (relating to admission interview); and 55 Pa. Code § 3290.123 (relating to agreement).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.