§ 3490.18. Filing of a written report by a required reporter.
Within 48 hours of reporting to ChildLine, a required reporter shall make a written report on forms provided by the Department to the county agency in the county where the suspected child abuse occurred. The written report shall include the following information, if available:
(1) The names and addresses of the child and the parents or other persons responsible for the care of the child.
(2) The county in which the suspected abuse occurred.
(3) The age and sex of the subjects of the report.
(4) The nature and extent of the suspected child abuse, including evidence of prior abuse to the child or a sibling.
(5) The reasons for suspecting child abuse.
(6) The name of the alleged perpetrators of the suspected abuse and evidence of prior abuse by those persons.
(7) The relationship of the alleged perpetrator to the child.
(8) The family household composition.
(9) The source of the report.
(10) The person making the report and where the person can be reached.
(11) A statement of the childs parents regarding the suspected abuse and a statement or admission of abuse by the alleged perpetrator.
(12) The actions taken by the reporting source, including:
(i) The taking of photographs and X-rays.
(ii) The taking of protective custody.
(iii) Notification to the coroner.
(iv) The hospitalization of the child.
The provisions of this § 3490.18 adopted December 20, 1985, effective January 1, 1986, 15 Pa.B. 4547; amended July 2, 1999, effective July 3, 1999, 29 Pa.B. 3513. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (211722) to (211723).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.