§ 3700.66. Foster family residence requirements.
(a) The FFCA shall ensure that the foster family residence has:
(1) At least one flush toilet, one wash basin and one bath or shower with hot and cold running water.
(2) An operable heating system.
(3) An operable telephone.
(b) Sleeping areas shall meet the following criteria:
(1) No unsuitable area such as a hall, stairway, unfinished attic or basement, garage, bathroom, eating area, closet, shed or detached building may be used as a sleeping area for children.
(2) Foster children of the opposite sex who are 5 years of age or older may not share the same bedroom.
(3) Each foster child shall be provided with a clean, comfortable mattress and clean linens, blankets and pillow.
The provisions of this § 3700.66 amended under Articles II, VII, IX and X of the Public Welfare Code (62 P. S. § § 201211, 701774, 901922 and 10011080).
The provisions of this § 3700.66 amended January 23, 1987, effective January 24, 1987, 17 Pa.B. 392. Immediately preceding text appears at serial page (98003).
Notes of Decisions
Section 3700.61 delegates the authority to inspect for compliance with requirements covering health, 55 Pa. Code § 3700.51, safety, 55 Pa. Code § 3700.67, and necessary facilities, 55 Pa. Code § 3700.66, and approve foster homes to an approved foster family care agency as defined in 55 Pa. Code § 3700.4, so as to effectuate the purposes of the regulations set out in 55 Pa. Code § 3700.2. In re. Lowry, 464 A.2d 333 (Pa. Super. 1983).
Foster Parent Requirements
The Department regulations addressing the inspection and approval of the foster family residence reach concerns ranging from the assurances that the drinking water is potable, § 3700.67(h) (relating to safety requirements), and that the intended custodian is physically able to care for the child, § 3700.63 (relating to foster parent discipline policy), to the assurance that the custodian is apprised of the approved policy with regard to the discipline of the child, § 3700.63. In re. Lowry, 484 A.2d 383 (Pa. 1984).
This section cited in 55 Pa. Code § 3700.69 (relating to annual reevaluation); and 55 Pa. Code § 3700.70 (relating to temporary provisional approvals of foster families).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.