§ 4210.22. Functions.
Within its assigned area, the base service unit shall carry out at least the following functions:
(1) Provide an intake study and make recommendations to the Administrator under § 4210.6 (relating to scope of the program) or make appropriate referrals.
(2) Develop a comprehensive treatment program for persons determined to be in need of service.
(3) Be responsible for the continuity of the treatment program for patients and coordinate the services he receives.
(4) Maintain continuous liaison with State facilities in which patients from the area served by the base service unit are receiving inpatient care, so that collaborative planning is undertaken for these patients.
(5) Furnish as much treatment service as feasible on its own initiative or at the request of a provider of service.
(6) Maintain central files for each patient in its area.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.