STAFFING AND PERSONNEL
§ 5200.21. Qualifications and duties of the director/clinical supervisor.
(a) Each psychiatric outpatient clinic shall have a director and clinical supervisor, who may be the same individual. A clinical supervisor shall be a mental health professional with at least 2 years of supervisory experience.
(b) The director shall be responsible for the overall operation of the psychiatric outpatient clinic, including daily management, ensuring that clinical supervision is available during all operational hours, developing a quality improvement plan for the psychiatric outpatient clinic and monitoring adherence with this chapter.
(c) The clinical supervisors responsibilities shall include all of the following:
(1) Supervision of clinical staff.
(2) Development or implementation of the policies and procedures for the operation of the psychiatric outpatient clinic.
(3) Regular meetings of clinical staff to discuss clinical cases, treatment plans, policies and procedures.
(4) Liaison with other portions of the service system.
(5) Employment, supervision and discharge of clinical staff according to established personnel policies.
(6) Supervision and documentation of clinical staff training and development.
The provisions of this § 5200.21 amended under section 1021 of the Human Services Code (62 P.S. § 1021); sections 105 and 112 of the Mental Health Procedures Act (50 P.S. § § 7105 and 7112); and section 201(2) of the Mental Health and Intellectual Disability Act of 1966 (50 P.S. § 4201(2)).
The provisions of this § 5200.21 amended October 11, 2019, effective October 12, 2019, 49 Pa.B. 5943. Immediately preceding text appears at serial page (247793).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.