CHAPTER 1118. COMPULSIVE AND PROBLEM GAMINGTEMPORARY REGULATIONS
1118.1. Signage requirements.
1118.2. Problem gambling information.
1118.3. Problem gambling training.
§ 1118.1. Signage requirements.
(a) An establishment licensee shall conspicuously post signs that include a statement providing all of the following:
(1) If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, help is available. Call (1-800-GAMBLER).
(2) At least one sign as provided in paragraph (1) shall be posted within the video gaming area and at least one sign shall be posted within 5 feet of each automated teller machine within the establishment licensees premises.
(b) An establishment licensee shall post signs that include a statement providing all of the following:
(1) It is unlawful for any individual under 21 years of age to enter. Individuals violating this prohibition will be removed and may be subject to arrest and criminal prosecution.
(2) The sign as provided in paragraph (1) shall be prominently posted at the entrance to a video gaming area.
§ 1118.2. Problem gambling information.
An establishment licensee shall make available materials provided by the Board regarding compulsive and problem gaming as approved by the Board. The material shall be displayed conspicuously within the video gaming area of each establishment licensee.
§ 1118.3. Problem gambling training.
(a) The Board will provide a mandatory training program addressing responsible gaming and compulsive and problem gambling issues for employees and management of an establishment licensee who oversee the establishment licensees video gaming area.
(b) Establishment licensees shall pay a fee assessed by the Board to reimburse the Board for the cost of annual training to establishment licensees employees and management subject to the training.
(c) At least one employee of the establishment licensee who holds a valid occupation permit and has successfully completed the training program shall be located on the premises and supervising the video gaming area during all times the video gaming terminals are available for play.
§ 1118.4. Advertising.
(a) Advertisements related to video gaming used by a terminal operator or establishment licensee or its agent may not:
(1) Contain false or misleading information.
(2) Fail to disclose conditions or limiting factors associated with the advertisement.
(3) Use a font, type size, location, lighting, illustration, graphic depiction or color obscuring conditions or limiting factors associated with the advertisement or the statement required under subsection (b).
(b) Advertisements must contain a gambling assistance message that is similar to one of the following:
(1) If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, help is available. Call (toll free telephone number).
(2) Gambling Problem? Call (toll free telephone number). The text of the gambling assistance message and the font to be used for the statement must comply with in § 501a.7(e) (relating to advertising).
(c) A terminal operator or establishment licensee or its agent shall discontinue as expeditiously as possible the use of a particular advertisement upon receipt of written notice that the Boards Office of Compulsive and Problem Gaming has determined that the use of the particular advertisement in this Commonwealth could adversely impact the public or the integrity of video gaming.
§ 1118.5. Penalties.
An establishment licensee that fails to fulfill any of the requirements in this chapter shall be assessed an administrative penalty and may have its establishment license suspended by the Board.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.