§ 1205.2. Procedures to govern the conduct of fantasy contests.
(a) Each fantasy contest license holder shall establish and implement procedures governing the conduct of fantasy contests, as approved by the Board.
(b) The governing procedures must include, at a minimum, all of the following:
(1) A participant may not be eligible to engage in a fantasy contest by a licensed operator without first establishing a fantasy contest account, unless the fantasy contest is through a fantasy contest terminal in a licensed facility.
(2) Prior to a participant engaging in a fantasy contest or making a deposit in a fantasy contest account, the licensed operator shall verify the age, location and identity of the participant. A person under 18 years of age may not engage in a fantasy contest by a licensed operator. If the participant is utilizing a fantasy contest terminal in a licensed facility, the participant shall be 21 years of age to engage in a fantasy contest.
(3) Each time a participant enters his registered fantasy account, he shall enter his unique username and password to verify his identity.
(4) Prior to accepting of a participants entry fee for a specific fantasy contest, all Board-approved rules, prizes and award values must be posted on the specific fantasy contest homepage in a clear and decipherable manner.
(5) Provisions to prohibit a participant from participating in beginner fantasy contests, except as provided by 4 Pa.C.S. § 325(4.1)(ii) (relating to conditions of licensure). If a participant who is not a beginner attempts to enter a beginner contest, his account shall be temporarily suspended from further fantasy contest participation for 15 days and the fantasy contest operator shall ban the individual from any further participation in beginner fantasy contests offered by the licensed operator.
(6) Provisions to prohibit a highly experienced player from participating in fantasy contests that exclude highly experienced players. In accordance with 4 Pa.C.S. § 325(4.2), if a participant who is a highly experienced player attempts to enter a fantasy contest for which he is ineligible, his account must be temporarily suspended for 15 days and his account shall be banned from entering further contests of this type.
(7) Upon the creation of a fantasy contest account or the engagement of a fantasy contest terminal in a licensed facility, the licensed operator shall require the participant to identify any professional sports in which he currently engages in and which are subject to a fantasy contest and shall limit the participants account from entering into contests of that sport.
(8) Allowing a person to restrict himself from entering a fantasy contest or accessing a fantasy contest account for a specific period of time as determined by the participant and implement procedures to prevent the person from participating in the licensed operators fantasy contests.
(9) Allowing a person to restrict the total amount of deposits that the participant may pay to the licensed operator for a specific time period established by the participant and implement procedures to prevent the participant from exceeding the limit.
(10) Establishing procedures to monitor for and prevent the use of scripts.
(11) Establishing procedures determining when a fantasy contest locks and when no further entries or substitutions can be made. The procedures must require that the prize stipulated in the entry rules is available and can be demonstrated upon request of the Board.
(12) A process for a fantasy contest operator to receive and respond to participant complaints and reconciling a participants fantasy contest account.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.