§ 147.102. Application, examination and fees.
(a) Application. Applications for falconry permits issued under this subchapter shall be made through the regional office on the appropriate form provided by the Commission.
(1) Applications will only be accepted from persons who possess a valid hunting license or qualify for license and fee exemptions under section 2706 of the act (relating to license and fee exemptions).
(2) Applications must include the name, address and telephone number of the applicant, a photocopy of the applicants valid Pennsylvania hunting license and a nonrefundable examination fee of $25.
(3) An applicant who is 17 years of age or younger is additionally required to have a parent or legal guardian co-sign the application and assume legal responsibility for the applicants falconry activities.
(1) New applicants shall pass a supervised examination with a minimum grade of 80%.
(2) Examinations must cover the following subjects:
(i) Laws and regulations.
(ii) Raptor biology and raptor identification.
(iii) Trapping methods.
(iv) Facilities requirements.
(v) Care of raptors held for falconry.
(vi) Disease and health problems of raptors.
(vii) Training methods.
(3) Examinations will be administered by the Commission at each regional office throughout the permit year. An applicant shall schedule the examination with regional personnel in advance.
(c) Validation. A new applicants falconry permit is validated at the apprentice class only upon passage of the supervised examination, passage of facility inspection, and payment of the falconry permit fee set forth in section 2904 of the act (relating to permit fees).
(d) Lapsed permit. A falconer whose permit lapses for 2 or more years shall apply as a new applicant.
The provisions of this § 147.102 amended under the Game and Wildlife Code, 34 Pa.C.S. § § 2102(a) and 2901(b).
The provisions of this § 147.102 adopted June 19, 1987, effective July 1, 1987, 17 Pa.B. 2464; amended August 24, 1990, effective September 24, 1990, 20 Pa.B. 4488; amended June 16, 2006, effective June 17, 2006, 36 Pa.B. 2978; amended November 27, 2009, effective January 1, 2010, 39 Pa.B. 6760; amended March 23, 2018, effective March 24, 2018, 48 Pa.B. 1680. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (376475) to (376476).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.