§ 441a.4. Alternative Category 1 licensing standards.
(a) If an applicant for a Category 1 license, or its affiliate, intermediary, subsidiary or holding company holds a similar license in another jurisdiction in the United States or Canada, the applicant may submit a written request with its application required under § 441a.3 (relating to slot machine license application) for the Board to adopt an abbreviated licensing process under section 1314(b) of the act (relating to alternative Category 1 licensing standards).
(b) The Board may use the abbreviated process if:
(1) The Board determines, after investigation, that the licensing standards in the other jurisdiction in which the applicant or its affiliate, intermediary, subsidiary or holding company is licensed is similarly comprehensive and thorough and provides safeguards that are equal to or greater than those provided in the act and granting the request would be in the public interest.
(2) A completed application for a Category 1 license has been filed with the Bureau of Licensing which includes the name and address of the regulatory agency in the other jurisdiction.
(3) The Bureau of Licensing has received a copy of the completed application, renewal applications and accompanying documents filed in the other jurisdiction.
(4) The applicant has provided current, updated information to the Bureau of Licensing and the Bureau regarding the license in the other jurisdiction and information relating to its financial viability and suitability and good character.
(5) The applicant has no administrative or enforcement actions pending in other jurisdictions that could render the applicant ineligible or unsuitable for licensure or the applicant has disclosed and explained these actions to the satisfaction of the Board.
(6) There are no pending or ongoing investigations of possible violations by the applicant in other jurisdictions that could render the applicant ineligible or unsuitable for licensure or the applicant has disclosed and explained these investigations to the satisfaction of the Board.
(c) The abbreviated process does not waive fees associated with obtaining a Category 1 license.
(d) The Board may determine to use an abbreviated process requiring only that information determined by the Board to be necessary to consider the issuance of the license, including the financial viability of the applicant.
(e) Following the issuance of a Category 1 license under this section, the Bureau will initiate a complete review of the information submitted under this subpart. If the applicant does not meet the requirements of the act or this part, the Board may revoke, suspend or condition the license until the applicant meets the requirements of the act.
The provisions of this § 441a.4 amended under 4 Pa.C.S. § § 1202(b)(9)(23), 1205, 1206(f) and (g), 1207(1) and (2), 1208(1)(iii), 1209(b), 1212, 1213, 13A11, 13A1213A14, 13A15 and 1802 and Chapter 13.
The provisions of this § 441a.4 amended June 12, 2015, effective June 13, 2015, 45 Pa.B. 2829. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (331552) and (345165).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.