§ 465a.24. Count room characteristics.
(a) A slot machine licensee shall have adjacent or proximate to the cage a room, to be known as a count room, specifically designated, designed and used for counting the contents of slot cash storage boxes and table game drop boxes.
(b) The count room shall be designed and constructed to provide maximum security for the materials housed therein and for the activities conducted therein. Each slot machine licensee shall design and construct a count room with the following security measures:
(1) A metal door installed on each entrance and exit equipped with an alarm device which audibly signals the surveillance department monitoring room or the security department whenever a door to the count room is opened.
(2) Each entrance door to the count room must be equipped with two separate locks, the keys to which must be different from each other and different from the lock securing the contents of each slot cash storage box or table game drop box. The keys shall be maintained and controlled as follows:
(i) The key to one of the locks shall be maintained and controlled by the security department.
(ii) The key to the other lock shall be maintained and controlled by finance.
(iii) Sign out and sign in procedures shall be established for both keys.
(3) To exit the count room, the count room door must be equipped with an automatic release mechanism or other device as specified in the slot machine licensees internal controls.
(c) The following must be located within the count room:
(1) A table constructed of clear glass or similar material for the emptying, counting and recording of the contents of slot cash storage boxes and table game drop boxes.
(2) Surveillance cameras capable of video monitoring of:
(i) The entire count process.
(ii) The interior of the count room, including any storage cabinets or trolleys used to store slot cash storage boxes and table game drop boxes and any approved trolley storage area located adjacent to the count room.
The provisions of this § 465a.24 amended under 4 Pa.C.S. § § 1202(b)(9)(23), 1205, 1206(f) and (g), 1207, 1208(1)(iii), 1209(b), 1212, 1213, 1322, 13A02(1)(6), 13A11, 13A1213A14, 13A15, 13A25 and 1802 and Chapter 13.
The provisions of this § 465a.24 amended May 11, 2012, effective May 12, 2012, 42 Pa.B. 2585; amended June 12, 2015, effective June 13, 2015, 45 Pa.B. 2829. Immediately preceding text appears at serial page (375110).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.