§ 603a.12. Dice; physical characteristics.
(a) Except as otherwise provided in subsections (b) and (c), each die used in the play of table games must:
(1) Be formed in the shape of a perfect cube and of a size no smaller than 0.750 inch on each side nor any larger than 0.775 inch on each side, with a tolerance of +/- 0.005.
(2) Be transparent and made exclusively of cellulose except for the spots, name or logo of the certificate holder and serial number or letters contained thereon.
(3) Have the surface of each of its sides perfectly flat and the spots contained in each side flush with the area surrounding them.
(4) Have all edges and corners perfectly square and forming 90° angles.
(5) Have the texture and finish of each side exactly identical to the texture and finish of all other sides.
(6) Have its weight equally distributed throughout the cube with no side of the cube heavier or lighter than any other side of the cube.
(7) Have the six sides bearing white circular spots from one to six respectively with the diameter of each spot equal to the diameter of every other spot on the die.
(8) Have spots arranged so that:
(i) The side containing one spot is directly opposite the side containing six spots.
(ii) The side containing two spots is directly opposite the side containing five spots.
(iii) The side containing three spots is directly opposite the side containing four spots.
(9) Each spot shall be placed on the die by drilling into the surface of the cube and filling the drilled out portion with a compound which is equal in weight to the weight of the cellulose drilled out and which forms a permanent bond with the cellulose cube and extends into the cube exactly the same distance as every other spot extends into the cube to an accuracy tolerance of 0.0004 inch.
(10) Have imprinted or impressed thereon a serial number or letters and the name or logo of the certificate holder in whose licensed facility the die is being used.
(b) Dice used in the table games of Pai Gow and Pai Gow Poker must comply with the requirements of subsection (a) except as follows:
(1) Each die must be formed in the shape of a perfect cube and of a size no smaller than 0.637 inch on each side nor any larger than 0.643 inch on each side.
(2) Instead of the name or logo of the certificate holder, a certificate holder may, with the approval of the Boards Executive Director in accordance with § 601a.10(a) (relating to approval of table game layouts, signage and equipment), have an identifying mark imprinted or impressed on each die.
(3) The spots on each die do not have to be equal in diameter.
(c) Dice used in the table game of Sic Bo must comply with subsection (a) except each die used in an automated Sic Bo shaker must be formed in the shape of a cube 0.625 inch on each side with ball edge corners.
(d) Dice may not be utilized in a licensed facility unless a detailed schematic depicting the actual size, color of the dice as well as the location of serial numbers, letters or logos has been submitted to the Bureau of Gaming Operations and approved in accordance with § 601a.10(a).
The provisions of this § 603a.12 amended under the Pennsylvania Race Horse Development and Gaming Act, 4 Pa.C.S. § § 1202(b)(15) and (30), 1207(2), (5), (8) and (9), 1212, 13A02(2), 13A26(c), 1509, 1516, 1518(a)(13) and 1602.
The provisions of this § 603a.12 amended November 7, 2014, effective November 8, 2014, 44 Pa.B. 7057. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (370428) to (370429).
This section cited in 58 Pa. Code § 621a.2 (relating to Pai Gow table; Pai Gow shaker; physical characteristics); 58 Pa. Code § 625a.2 (relating to dice; number of dice); 58 Pa. Code § 661a.4 (relating to dice; physical characteristics, retention and selection); 58 Pa. Code § 668a.3 (relating to dice; shaker; procedure for completion of each round of play); 58 Pa. Code § 675a.3 (relating to dice; shaker); and 58 Pa. Code § 675a.6 (relating to High Roll Dice variation).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.