§ 603a.4. Roulette chips; physical characteristics.
(a) Each Roulette chip utilized in a licensed facility shall be issued solely for the purpose of gaming at Roulette.
(b) Each Roulette chip issued by a certificate holder must contain identifying characteristics that may appear in any location at least once on each face of the chip and are applied in a manner which ensures that each identifying characteristic is clearly visible and remains a permanent part of the chip. These characteristics must be visible to surveillance employees using the licensed facilitys surveillance system and include, at a minimum:
(1) The name, logo or other approved identification of the certificate holder issuing the Roulette chip.
(2) A unique design, insert or symbol that will permit a set of Roulette chips being used at a particular Roulette table to be distinguished from the Roulette chips being used at every other Roulette table in the licensed facility.
(3) The word Roulette.
(4) Color and design combinations so as to readily distinguish the Roulette chips of each player at a particular Roulette table from:
(i) The Roulette chips of every other player at the same Roulette table.
(ii) The value chips issued by any certificate holder.
(c) Each Roulette chip issued by a certificate holder must contain an edge spot that:
(1) Is applied in a manner which ensures that the edge spot:
(i) Is clearly visible on the edge and on each face of the Roulette chip.
(ii) Remains a permanent part of the Roulette chip.
(2) Is created by using the colors approved for the face of the particular Roulette chip under subsection (b)(4) in combination with one or more other colors that provides a contrast with the color on the face of the Roulette chip and that enables the Roulette chip to be distinguished from the Roulette chips issued by any other certificate holder.
(3) Includes a design, pattern or other feature that an individual with adequate training could readily use to identify, when viewed through the surveillance system of the certificate holder, the player to whom the Roulette chip has been assigned when the Roulette chip is placed in a stack of gaming chips or in any other location when only the edge of the Roulette chip is visible. The design, pattern or feature created by the primary and secondary colors required under paragraph (2) is sufficient by itself to satisfy the requirements of this paragraph.
This section cited in 58 Pa. Code § 603a.5 (relating to Roulette chips; permitted uses, inventory and impressment).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.