§ 603a.8. Additional sets of gaming chips; removal from active use.
(a) Within 120 days of the commencement of table games at a licensed facility, the certificate holder shall also have at least one approved set of value chips that may be used as a back-up for the $100 and $500 value chips in active use. Each back-up set of value chips maintained for use by a certificate holder must have secondary colors that are different from the secondary colors of the value chips in active use and may use a different shade of the primary color. All back-up sets of value chips must conform to the color and design requirements in this chapter.
(b) Each certificate holder shall have at least one reserve set of Roulette chips for each color utilized in the licensed facility with a design insert or symbol different from the Roulette chips comprising the primary sets. All back-up sets of Roulette chips must conform to the color and design requirements in this chapter.
(c) If a certificate holder uses RFID chips for its value or Roulette chips, the certificate holder may request that the Board waive the requirements in subsection (a) or (b) by filing a petition in accordance with § 493a.4 (relating to petitions generally). The petition must include, at a minimum:
(1) A detailed description of the RFID technology and devices that will be used at the licensed facility.
(2) A detailed description of how the RFID chips and related equipment will be used in the licensed facility.
(3) A detailed explanation of how the use of the RFID chips and related equipment will reduce or eliminate the potential use of counterfeit value or Roulette chips.
(4) The approximate length of time it will take the certificate holder to install the necessary devices and related equipment for the RFID technology to be operational in the licensed facility.
(d) The certificate holder shall remove a set of gaming chips in use from active play whenever:
(1) It is believed the licensed facility is taking on multiple counterfeit chips valued at $100 or more.
(2) Any other impropriety or defect in the utilization of a set of chips makes removal of the chips in active use necessary.
(3) The Board or its Executive Director directs that a set of chips be removed from active use.
(e) An approved back-up set of value chips or a reserve set of Roulette chips required under subsections (a) and (b) shall be placed into active play whenever an active set is removed.
(f) Whenever a set of chips in active use are removed from play, the certificate holder shall immediately notify the casino compliance representatives of the impending removal and the reasons for the removal.
(g) A certificate holder shall immediately notify the casino compliance representatives of the discovery of counterfeit value chips.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.