§ 655a.9. Procedure for dealing the cards from the hand.
(a) If the cards are dealt from the dealers hand, the following requirements shall be observed:
(1) An automated shuffling device shall be used to shuffle the cards.
(2) After the procedures required under § 655a.5 (relating to shuffle and cut of the cards) have been completed, the dealer shall place the stacked deck of cards in either hand. After the dealer has chosen the hand in which he will hold the cards, the dealer shall continue to use that hand whenever holding the cards during that round of play. The cards held by the dealer shall be kept over the table inventory container and in front of the dealer at all times.
(3) Prior to dealing the cards, the dealer shall announce no more bets and, if the Progressive Payout Wager or the Five Card Hand Bonus Wager is being offered, use the progressive table game system or the electronic wagering system to prevent the placement of any additional Progressive Payout or Five Card Hand Bonus Wagers. If any Progressive Payout Wagers have been made, the dealer shall then collect the wagers and, on the layout in front of the table inventory container, verify that the number of value chips wagered equals the number of Progressive Payout Wagers accepted by the progressive table game system. The dealer shall then place the value chips into the table inventory container.
(b) If any player placed a Six Card Bonus Wager, the dealer shall deal four cards, face down, to the area on the layout designated for the placement of the Six Card Bonus cards. The dealer shall then, starting with the player farthest to the dealers left and continuing around the table in a clockwise manner, deal the cards as follows:
(1) Two cards face down to each player who placed an Ante Wager in accordance with § 655a.7(d)(1) (relating to wagers).
(2) Three cards face down to the area designated for the placement of the community cards.
(c) After two cards have been dealt to each player and three cards have been dealt to the area designated for the community cards, the dealer shall, except as provided in subsection (d), place the stub in the discard rack without exposing the cards.
(d) If an automated card shuffling device, which counts the number of cards in the deck after the completion of each shuffle and indicates whether 52 cards are present, is not being used, the dealer shall count the stub at least once every 5 rounds of play to determine if the correct number of cards are still present in the deck. The dealer shall determine the number of cards in the stub by counting the cards face down on the layout.
(e) If the count of the stub indicates that 52 cards are in the deck, the dealer shall place the stub in the discard rack without exposing the cards.
(f) If the count of the stub indicates that the number of cards in the deck is incorrect, the dealer shall determine if the cards were misdealt. If the cards were misdealt (a player has more or less than 2 cards or the area designated for the placement of the community cards has more or less than 3 cards) but 52 cards remain in the deck, all hands shall be void and all wagers shall be returned to the players. If the cards were not misdealt, all hands shall be void, all wagers shall be returned to the players and the entire deck of cards shall be removed from the table.
The provisions of this § 655a.9 amended under 4 Pa.C.S. § § 1202(b)(30) and 13A02(1) and (2).
The provisions of this § 655a.9 amended December 12, 2014, effective December 13, 2014, 44 Pa.B. 7683; amended August 30, 2019, effective August 31, 2019, 49 Pa.B. 4956. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (375963) to (375965).
This section cited in 58 Pa. Code § 655a.5 (relating to shuffle and cut of the cards); 58 Pa. Code § 655a.7 (relating to wagers); 58 Pa. Code § 655a.10 (relating to procedures for dealing the cards from an automated dealing shoe); and 58 Pa. Code § 655a.11 (relating to procedures for completion of each round of play).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.