§ 680a.6. Saigon 5 Card rankings.
(a) The value of the cards in each deck shall be as follows:
(1) Any card from 2 to 9 shall have its face value.
(2) Any 10, jack, queen or king shall have a value of 10.
(3) Any ace shall have a value of 1.
(4) A joker has a value of 3, 6 or 9.
(b) The Point Count of a showdown hand shall be a number from 1 to 10, with 10 being the highest rank and 1 being the lowest rank, determined by totaling the value of the cards in the hand. If the total value of the cards in a showdown hand is greater than 10, 10 will be subtracted from the number. For example:
(1) A showdown hand composed of an ace and 4 has a Point Count of 5.
(2) A showdown hand composed of a 10 and a jack has a value of 20 but a Point Count of only 10 since 10 is subtracted from 20.
(c) For purposes of the Bonus Wager, a joker may be used as an ace in any hand, other than the royal flush with no joker, or may be used to complete a royal flush with a joker, straight flush, flush or a straight. An ace may be used to complete a straight flush or a straight formed with a 2, 3, 4 and 5 but may not be combined with any other sequence of cards (for example, a queen, king, ace, 2 and 3). The permissible Poker hands shall be:
(1) Five aces, which is a hand consisting of four aces and a joker.
(2) A royal flush with no joker, which is a hand consisting of an ace, king, queen, jack and 10 of the same suit.
(3) A royal flush with a joker, which is a hand consisting of an ace, king, queen, jack and 10 of the same suit, with a joker used as one of the cards.
(4) A straight flush, which is a hand, other than a royal flush, consisting of five cards of the same suit in consecutive ranking.
(5) A four-of-a-kind, which is a hand consisting of four cards of the same rank.
(6) A full house, which is a hand consisting of a three-of-a-kind and a pair.
(7) A flush, which is a hand consisting of five cards of the same suit, not in consecutive order.
(8) A straight, which is a hand consisting of five cards of more than one suit and of consecutive rank.
(9) A three-of-a-kind, which is a hand consisting of three cards of the same rank.
(10) Two pair, which is a hand containing two pairs.
This section cited in 58 Pa. Code § 680a.7 (relating to wagers); and 58 Pa. Code § 680a.11 (relating to procedures for completion of each round of play).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.