§ 685a.2. Down Under Blackjack table; Masque Card Reader device; physical characteristics; inspections.
(a) Down Under Blackjack shall be played at a table having betting positions for no more than six players on one side of the table and a place for the dealer on the opposite side of the table.
(b) The layout for a Down Under Blackjack table shall be submitted to the Bureau of Gaming Operations and approved in accordance with § 601a.10(a) (relating to approval of table game layouts, signage and equipment) and contain, at a minimum:
(1) The name or logo of the certificate holder.
(2) A separate betting area designated for the Bet Wager for each player.
(3) Three rectangular areas in front of the dealers table position where the dealers hand will be placed after the hole cards value range is determined using the Masque Card Reader device. The three areas shall be inscribed with the following:
(i) Small, 2-3-4-5
(ii) Medium, 6-7-8-9
(iii) Large, 10-J-Q-K-A
(4) The following inscriptions:
(i) Blackjack pays 3 to 2.
(ii) Insurance pays 2 to 1.
(iii) Dealer shall draw to 16 and stand on all 17s or other similar language approved by the Executive Director in accordance with § 601a.10(a).
(iv) Surrender is not available on a Down Under Blackjack table or other similar language. If the language is not inscribed on the layout, a sign specifying that surrender is not available shall be posted at each Down Under Blackjack table.
(5) If the certificate holder offers the optional Match-the-Dealer Wager authorized under § 685a.6 (relating to wagers), a separate area designed for the placement of the Match-the-Dealer Wager for each player.
(6) Inscriptions that advise patrons of the payout odds or amounts for all permissible wagers offered by the certificate holder. If the payout odds are not inscribed on the layout, a sign identifying the payout odds or amounts for all permissible wagers shall be posted at each Down Under Blackjack table.
(c) Each Down Under Blackjack table must have a drop box and tip box attached on the same side of the table as, but on opposite sides of, the dealer, as approved by the Bureau of Casino Compliance in accordance with § 601a.10(g). The Bureau of Casino Compliance may approve an alternative location for the tip box when a card shuffling device or other table game equipment prevents the placement of the drop box and tip box on the same side of the gaming table as, but on opposite sides of, the dealer.
(d) Each Down Under Blackjack table must have a Masque Card Reader device attached to the top of the dealers side of the table. The floorperson assigned to the Down Under Blackjack table shall inspect the Masque Card Reader device at the beginning of each gaming day to ensure that there has been no tampering with the device and that it is in proper working order.
(e) Each Down Under Blackjack table must have a discard rack securely attached to the top of the dealers side of the table. The height of each discard rack must either:
(1) Equal the height of the cards, stacked one on top of the other, in the total number of decks that are to be used in the dealing shoe at that table.
(2) Be taller than the height of the total number of decks being used if the discard rack has a distinct and clearly visible mark on its side to show the exact height for a stack of cards equal to the total number of cards in the number of decks to be used in the dealing shoe at that table.
This section cited in 58 Pa. Code § 685a.7 (relating to procedure for dealing the cards; completion of each round of play).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.