§ 685a.3. Cards; number of decks; value of cards.
(a) Except as provided in subsection (b), Down Under Blackjack shall be played with either a four-deck, five-deck, six-deck or eight-deck batch of cards that are identical in appearance and at least one cover card. The decks shall consist of 52 cards. The cards may be dealt from a multi-deck shoe or a continuous shuffler.
(b) If an automated card shuffling device is utilized, other than a continuous shuffler, Down Under Blackjack shall be played with two batches of cards in accordance with the following requirements:
(1) The cards shall be separated into two batches with four, five, six or eight decks included in each batch, with each batch containing the same number of decks.
(2) The cards in each batch must be of the same design but the backs of the cards in one batch must be of a different color than the cards in the other batch.
(3) One batch of cards shall be shuffled and stored in the automated card shuffling device while the other batch is being used to play the game.
(4) Both batches of cards shall be continuously alternated in and out of play, with each batch being used for every other dealing shoe.
(5) The cards from only one batch shall be placed in the discard rack at any given time.
(c) The decks of cards opened for use at a Down Under Blackjack table shall be changed at least once every 24 hours.
(d) The value of the cards shall be as follows:
(1) Any card from 2 to 10 shall have its face value.
(2) Any jack, queen or king shall have a value of 10.
(3) An ace shall have a value of 11 unless that value would give a player a score in excess of 21 or the dealer a score in excess of 22, in which case the ace shall have a value of 1.
(e) The dealers hole card, after the cards are dealt and after placement in the Masque Card Reader device, will be assigned one of the following value ranges prior to being exposed to the players and prior to any action on the hand:
(1) Small, if the value of the hole card is either 2, 3, 4 or 5, indicated by a blue light on the Masque Card Reader device.
(2) Medium, if the value of the hole card is either 6, 7, 8 or 9, indicated by a red light on the Masque Card Reader device.
(3) Large, if the value of the hole card is either 10, jack, queen, king or ace, indicated by a yellow light on the Masque Card Reader device.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.